Good golly, Ms. Molly! As amazing and hard to believe as it is – Welcome to the 10th Anniversary of the Cart Sale at The Wash! That’s right, folks – Grace and I sat down and figured back as far as we could, and this is the 10th year that The Wash has been hosting the Cart Sale. Way back then, when The Wash was a new sim, all tacky texture layer fashions and blocky prim builds, Floatie Hock started the grand tradition that has grown over the years into the Cart Sale. Instead of the kiosks lining the sides of the street that we see today during the sale, she set up actual carts in the middle of the roads and filled the sim with as many fantastic designers as she could entice to sign up. Our “carts” are sleeker today, our wares more elegant and realistic (thank you, mesh and much better texture templates!), but the basic spirit of the event remains the same: A gathering of diverse talents from all across the grid brought together for a super sale event offered at rock bottom prices.
If you haven’t been to the Wash in a while, there are some delightful surprises in store – the sim has undergone some revamping, with the addition of new stores, updated decor and a few extras just for this event. Here is a quick rundown of what to expect:
– Kiosks lining the streets with all the fabulous wares for sale during this event. All items are 10L, and the designers have the option of including a special item priced at 50L.
– Because it’s a celebration, many of the designers have put out gifts for the shoppers – look for the pale green gift boxes.
– As you walk around the sim, you will find a lovely little laundromat tucked into one corner of the sim. The Wash Laundromat is filled with gacha machines for this special round of Cart Sale. Maximum pull price is 50L, but most of them are well under that amount.
– Should you get tired while exploring all the newness on the sim, we have a party pavilion set up beside the Laundromat, where you can hang out and relax, maybe indulge in a treat from one of the dessert tables, or even put your feet up while you cam shop the event.
– There is a yardsale area (in case you never noticed it before) as well – it’s a great place to browse the rental tables and find that perfect gacha item you missed out on from various events around the grid. Items change frequently and you never know what you might find.
Be sure to check back here on the blog over the next few days, as I will be posting periodically to share some of the awesome sale items, gift items and gacha goodies the designers have out during this round of Cart Sale. Happy Anniversary to the Cart Sale!
Cart Sale Info
Dates: Oct 11th to Nov 1st
Where: The Wash
List of participating merchants/direct Slurls: Here
Happy shopping and hope to see you at The Wash!